Commerce is an integrated course comprising three parts spread over three years. Each part will consist of two semesters. The course of B.com shall be divided in six semesters and university examination will be held at the end every semester in the months of December/January (for semester I, III & V) and April/May (for Semester II, IV & VI) or as fixed by the Vice -Chancellor .
- The Commerce Department was established in 2011.
- The Examination in B.Com Part-I shall be open to a Student who produces the following certificates to the Principal of the college.
- having passed at least+2 examinations of Punjab School Education Board or any other examination recognized as equivalent there to with at least;
- 40% marks in the aggregate in case of students who have passed 10+2 in commerce group.
- 45% marks in the aggregate in case of students who have passed 10+2 in Humanities group with at least two out ofCommerce / Accounts/ Maths / Economics / Management papers.
- 50% marks in the aggregate in case of students who have passed 10+2 but not coverd under above 2 points
- Students who opt. for any one of the following vocational subjects, should have passed with at least 50 % marks, 10+2 examination from Punjab School Education Board or any other examination recognized as equivalent to:
- Office Management and Secretarial Practice Principles and Practice of Insurance
- Principles and Practice of Insurance
- Tax Procedure and Practice
COMMERCE DEPARTMENT COURSES
Bachelor of Commerce
NUMBER OF SEATS :
60 (Semester 1)
3 Years (6 Semesters)
MODE OF ADMISSION :
As per the Rules of Punjabi University
FACULTY OF COMMERCE DEPARTMENT
H.O.D., Assistant Professor
Prof. Babalpreet Kaur
M Phil, M.Com, NET
Prof. Navneet Kaur